Wednesday 24 March 2010

My MP has written a play.



It sounds like it is up there with the best of ‘little Ern’ and the latest play what he has just wrote!
It tackles the expenses scandal from a much maligned and put upon MP’s point of view. Nevertheless My MP is at pains to point out that the lead character, “is not like me, though many of our experiences are similar.”
According to the Buxton Advertiser (18/3/2010)
“In scene 12 of A Ten Minute Wonder, Daniel exclaims: "Jesus Christ! My priorities are working for my constituents and my party, not counting beans. I followed the rules, I took advice and guidance. Where was I supposed to get my moral compass from? This is hair shirt morality — it's expenses, so it can't have been earned, so give it back'.
"It makes me sick!"
The italics are mine. Read that sentence again and despair. Throw Hewitt, Hoon, Byers and Blair into the mix and see to what depths New Labour have sunk. What would Keir Hardie, Nye Bevin, Clement Atlee and their ilk make of these self-serving lightweights?
And then ponder on the Lord Cashcroft saga. And William Hague charging £1000 for an hour at a business meeting, when he is supposed to be the shadow Foreign Secretary, marginally more than many more of his tory chums claim regularly ‘for keeping in touch with the real world.’

My MP writes that he feels sick. Not half as sick as we are of him and the venal, unprincipled and egregious political class that rules us on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment